The following are a list of questions I had after watching Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Please don’t read them if you don’t want anything spoiled about the movie!
- Why did Luke leave a map if he never intended to be found?
- Since when can Jedi make live-action holograms of themselves in distant places, and how did Luke learn to do that?
- If hologram fighting was possible all along, why didn’t all Jedi just fight as holograms all the time? Obi-Wan would still be with us.
- Why didn’t Luke’s metal hand stay behind when he disappeared?
- Why did Luke teleporting himself result in his death?
- If Jedi can see all aspects of the future, why didn’t Luke see that his actions would be the impetus for the turning of Kylo Ren and stop himself from doubting him in the first place?
- Why did Luke get so crotchety and detached when his original story’s driving force was hope and seeing the good in others?
- How did Luke find an island with a dark side pit, and what was its former purpose?
- Why was The Mirror of Erised in the dark side pit?
- Why did Luke get upset about the Jedi texts being burned when he would’ve known that Rey took them?
About other characters and plot points:
- How did Leia learn to survive the vacuum of space?
- Was the bird meat Chewie was eating a cooked porg, in front of a bunch of other porgs?
- If so, was the sadness shown by the porgs because Chewie was eating their friend, or were they wanting in on a little cannibalism?
- Why didn’t Finn melt?
- In the final confrontation, weren’t Finn and Rose’s ships attached in the beginning?
- Why was Rose saved after she essentially became a traitor? She sentenced the remaining rebels to death by interfering with Finn’s kamikaze mission. Moreover, since when does love trump duty?
- How did Rose learn to fly a ship? I thought she was a maintenance worker.
- Why didn’t Holdo tell the crew what her plans were instead of keeping them secret?
- In light of Holdo turning the rebel ship into a lightspeed rocket, why don’t they just start strapping lightspeed engines to random asteroids and ramming those into things?
- Why did Captain Phasma fall down a second pit? You think she’d be watching out for those after the last time.
- How did those ice foxes even fit through that small hole in the rocks?
- How did a death star-like laser only put a tiny hole in a giant door rather than blowing up the entire mountain?
If you have any answers to these questions or some of your own, I’d love to hear them.
Thanks for reading!